If Your Macbook Won’t Load
System Management Controller is responsible for many ground-level functions of your Mac. Among those are battery settings, display reactions, and specifically the Power button functions. Use the following technique to reset SMC if your MacBook won’t load.
If Your Macbook’s Battery Isn’t Removable:
- Shut down mac and plug in the power cord.
- Press Shift-Control-Option, then press Power button.
- Hold the keys for about 10 seconds.
- Release the keys.
- Press Power as you would normally start your Mac.
If You Have A Mac With Removable Battery:
- Take out the battery
- Press and hold Power button for about 5 seconds
- Re-insert the battery and press Power button again
If You’re On A Desktop Mac Or Mac Pro:
- Unplug the power cable