How To Fix Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Battery Drain Issue
The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a 2 in 1 tablet computer that runs on Windows 10 and uses the 8th generation Intel processor. It has a 12.3 inch 2736 x 1824 resolution display and a battery life that can provide up to 13 hours of local video playback. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the battery drain issue on your Surface Pro 6.
Fixing The Battery Drain Problem On Your Surface Pro 6
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem ranging from outdated drivers to a software glitch. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
- Update The Surface Pro Firmware
- Make sure the power supply connectors are free from dirt or debris
- Reinstall the battery driver
- Use the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
Reset The Surface Pro 6
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should reset your device.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery .
- Under Reset this PC, select Get started and choose an option: Keep my files or Remove everything.